Meet The Trainers
Literally changed my life, Theone is such a nice guy and knows his stuff.
You need to know where you are
to get to where you're going
In psychology, the four stages of competence, or the 'conscious competence' learning model, relates to the psychological states involved in the process of progressing from incompetence to competence in a skill.
Which stage are you at with regards to your health and wellbeing goals?
The individual does not understand or know how to do something and does not necessarily recognize the deficit.
Though the individual does not understand or know how to do something, they recognize the deficit, as well as the value of a new skill in addressing the deficit.
The individual understands or knows how to do something. However, demonstrating the skill or knowledge requires concentration.
- Help Perfect Form
- Injury Prevention
- Help With Unique Requirements
- Set Realistic Goals
- Plan for Specific Goals, Such As Training For An Event
- Hold You Accountable
- No Wasted Time = Maximum Results
- Nutrition Information
- Improve Your Mental Health
- Help You Form Good Habits
- Personalised Training Plan
- Fit Into Your Schedule
- Challenge You To Be Better
- Break Through Plateaus
- Establish Lifelong Exercise Habits
Having a personal trainer improves the likelihood of those currently exercising but not regularly, to exercising regularly (More than 3 days per week) by:
Having a personal trainer improves the likelihood of those not currently exercising to start exercising, but without regularity by:
Having a personal trainer improves the likelihood of those not currently exercising to start exercising regularly by:
Having a personal trainer improves the likelihood of those currently exercising regularly to maintain regular exercise longer than 6 months. (More than 3 days per week) by:
- McClaran SR. The effectiveness of personal training on changing attitudes towards physical activity. J Sports Sci Med. 2003;2(1):10‐14. Published 2003 Mar 1.
WHATS INCLUDED IN PERSONAL TRAINING?
There're levels to this! Our trainers are fully qualified Personal Trainers but also educated at university levels in their respective fields. From Sport and Exercise Science to Strength and Conditioning, they specialise in everything from obesity prevention and weight loss to sports-specific training for youth and adult athletes. As competing athletes themselves, they pride themselves on their ability to combine experience with higher education, providing a completely tailored service to a high level.
It’s simply not enough to train! If you want results, it’s imperative you have an understanding of where you are before you even think of planning where to go. When taking on any new personal training client, we conduct a battery of tests to understand your current physical needs.
We use this information to create clients a targeted, specific and fully tailored service which is monitored, assessed and modified each month to ensure clients maximise time spent, ultimately enabling them to achieve goals. This includes:
- Range of Movement Assesments – Understand your ability to move freely (or) not so freely within certain biomechanical movements. We use this information to discover strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately fix muscular imbalances, asymmetries and movement issues.
- Body Composition Analysis & Tracking – Monitor body circumference, blood pressure, weight, body fat, body water, muscle mass and others. We use this information to to a). discover clients start point to track progress as-well-as assess viability of goals and create a healthy timeframe to reach them.
- Monthly Fitness Tests – Discover your current level of cardiovascular fitness and compare that other athletes in your age bracket. We test your aerobic, anaerobic or lactate capacity, and depending on your goals we also test strength and performance with tailored monthly tests specifically chosen for your needs.
Some people say the key to losing weight is “80% Nutrition and 20% Exercise“, we disagree! When you understand how energy balance works, you will discover that exercise in the gym accounts for such a small amount to your daily energy balance. It’s almost not worth it when looking at merely weight loss.
You could lose weight and still be unhealthy. The benefit of exercise is a pillar of many that keep the building (your body) stable. Nutrition plays a massive role within anything you do; it’s the fuel the body uses for you to function, perform and recover. Training in the gym without a solid nutritional base is like filling a Formula One car with dirty diesel, putting your foot to the floor and trying to keep a straight line! Trust me; you’re missing out on all the good stuff.
- Nutrition Plan – Bespoke to your goals and exercise level, know precisely how many calories to eat to suit energy balance needs.
- Nutritional Analysis – Understand your current energy balance and discover where to increase/reduce accordingly.
- Macronutrient Analysis – Breakdown of protein, carbs & fats to eat.
- Free Recipe Books – We create a new recipe book containing 30 recipes each month to help you keep things fresh. Half of the battle is about knowing what to eat and making that an easy process. Integrated with MyFitnessPal, each book has scannable barcodes and complete macronutrient information; all the help you need to stay on track with your nutritional goals.
- Free Calorie GuideS – A comprehensive guide, explaining the core principles of nutrition. Self-education is vital, this is paramount to your long term success and will help you make better-informed decisions about your food choices.
We are proud to work with one of the best software/app providers in the industry for Personal Trainers and Online Coaches. TrueCoach has been integral to our client programming for a while, both our clients and coaches love them! So, what do you get?
- Smartphone App – Compatible with IOS and Android, you’re able to manage your whole journey from your smartphone.
- Email Notifications – Receive email notifications reminding you what’s to come for the next day or training
- Real-Time Messaging – Message your coach anytime through the App either before, during or after your session.
- Progress Tracking – We’ve made it super easy to track exercise history and all associated metrics to help you visualise your progress.
- Nutritional Training – Input your daily macro result into the App to correlate with progress information.
Tailored Workout Planning
Whether your goal is to lose weight, get healthy, create a desired body shape or even win at your kids’ sports day parents challenge. There’re three main components to a good exercise program:
- Cardio exercise: This can be any activity that gets your heart rate up, from walking or jogging to cycling or taking a fitness class. Regardless of the task, it is always smart to dynamically warm up with five to 10 minutes of light cardio.
- Weight training: You don’t have to lift heavy weights or even spend a lot of time on weight training at first, but you do need to lift. Your muscles will grow, and the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn overall, which helps with losing weight.
- Flexibility training: You also need to have the flexibility to go through a full range of motion of each exercise. Stretching increases your flexibility and helps your body recover after exercise. While some people like to set aside a day to focus on flexibility, you don’t need a separate workout for this. Stretching should be included in every workout.
Some people prefer to set a schedule with days devoted to just cardio or strength training. However, these exercises can be done on the same day or even combined with high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
All of this will be looked after by your personal trainer to create a weekly, monthly and sometimes yearly schedule in advance. This ensures you get the right amount of each of these types of exercise throughout the week and during each specific micro, meso and macro cycle if applicable.